HR Purpose is fully committed to protecting the personal information of its job seekers and employers, and other stakeholders. Protecting privacy and security of personal information in every aspect of our business is of critical importance to us, and we have many measures in place to ensure that data is kept confidential and maintained pursuant to our privacy standards and applicable legislation.
HR Purpose is responsible for the protection of your personal information collected through our program activities and website.
Note to Clients: This responsibility extends when HR Purpose must transfer personal information to third parties. Job Seekers will be asked to review and sign a Consent to Release Information form before any personal information is released to third parties for the purpose of providing employment services or otherwise.
2. Identifying the purposes for collecting personal information*
HR Purpose will provide a statement to explain the purpose(s) for the collection of your personal information wherever possible, before we ask you to disclose it.
Using our website and its functions:
HR Purpose gathers the following types of information from users:
- A) Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions you may wish to provide in order to complete our online application forms, receive free electronic newsletters and participate in periodic polls and surveys. Any personal information that site visitors voluntarily choose to provide in order to receive free electronic newsletters, participate in periodic polls and surveys and/or to complete any of our online application forms is not shared with third parties unless stated otherwise. HR Purpose will ensure all personal information is secured and remains confidential.
- B) HR Purpose tracks the amount of visits our website accumulates. We do not collect any personal information about you or any information from the computers used to view our website. Our tracking system is simply designed to read click rates that our site accumulates.
3. Requirement for your consent
The only personal information that HR Purpose collects is with your knowledge and consent.
You can choose not to disclose any personal information we may ask you to provide; however, a decision to withhold some personal information can result in our inability to provide you with our services.
4. Limiting Collection
The amount and type of information that HR Purpose collects is limited only to that which is necessary to fulfill the purposes identified. HR Purpose will ask for the information it requires directly from the individual.
You can choose to disclose as much or as little personal information as you are comfortable with. As noted in Principle 3, a decision to withhold some personal information can prevent us from providing you with our services.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention of your information
HR Purpose will only use or disclose your personal information for the purposes that will be explained to you at the time it is requested. Your information will not be disclosed without your prior written and voluntary knowledge and consent, except as permitted by law.
The retention period for which your personal information is held on record by HR Purpose, before it is securely and irreversibly destroyed, will depend upon the retention requirements specific to the services that you access from our agency at the time that you access them.
6. Responsibility to ensure the accuracy of your personal information
The majority of all personal information that is collected by HR Purpose is provided directly from the individuals themselves. We assume that the information provided to us is accurate. If at any time your personal information changes, we hope to be informed of it immediately.
Our employees are required to inform HR Purpose if any of their personal information changes, such as their mailing address.
7. Responsibility to safeguard your personal information
HR Purpose uses necessary safeguards/controls to protect all personal information in our possession. One of the control measures we practice pertains to password-encrypted software whenever personal information must be shared electronically.
HR Purpose also follows an internal Privacy and Security Standard of Conduct to enforce various strategies designed to protect personal information.
HR Purpose understands and values the importance of your privacy. We strive at maintaining transparency about our privacy practices, which is why any updates made to this policy will be announced and dated at the top of this publicly available page.
9. Your right to access your personal information
HR Purpose will confirm if we have any personal information about you on file, should you wish to inquire about it. Upon your request, we will also provide you with access to the information and inform you what it is being used for, if applicable.
Should you wish to access the contents of your information file, you must make an official request, in writing, and email it to:firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Challenging our compliance
*Definition of Personal Information as per the Canadian Standards Association: “Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual that is recorded in any form.”